You did not come to the wrong website. This is measuremenTest and yes, this post is about The Avengers movie, directed by Joss Whedon and features an ensemble cast, which includes Robert Downey, Jr. (Iron Man), Chris Evans (Captain America), Mark Ruffalo (The Hulk), Chris Hemsworth (Thor), Scarlett Johansson (Black Widow), Jeremy Renner (Hawkeye), Tom Hiddleston (Loki), and Samuel L. Jackson (Nick Fury).
I just had the opportunity to catch it on IMAX 3D today and it was an awesome movie. As a long-time comic book fan, this movie is like a dream come true. With fast-paced action, intense character interactions, great battle scenes and fan easter eggs, this a certified popcorn feast!
For fans of test and measurement, if I may put it as such, you may be delighted to see some familiar test and measurement instruments in the movie. In the Iab of the S.H.I.E.L.D. Helicarrier where The Avengers had a little 'friction', I spotted the following instruments:
- Agilent U1600 series handheld oscilloscope (back view)
- Agilent InfiniiVision 7000 series oscilloscope (front view)
- LeCroy WaveAce Oscilloscope (front view)
- Agilent 34970A Data Acquisition / Data Logger Switch Unit (back view)
- maybe an Agilent Infiniium 9000 or 90000 series oscilloscope (front view)
- maybe a Tektronix oscilloscope (side view)
- there are some instruments that look familiar but I could not recognize the brand or model
I have put some screenshots of those instruments as they appear in the movie but if you do have others or better, please send it to firstname.lastname@example.org and I will post it here. (You might even win the infamous Stan Lee's No-Prize). Also it would be nice if someone else could confirm the instruments that I spotted and those that I might have missed out or not sure of.
|Thanks to John Lai for submitting this picture of the Agilent U1600 Handheld Oscilloscope (in orange). John, you win the infamous No-Prize for this! Anyone knows what's the other black handheld equipment?|
Have a Hulk-smashing time spotting the instruments. Notice that they are not actually being used at all because the probes are not even connected! Enjoy the movie!